Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 week (tomorrow)!!!

Wow!! 9 weeks!!! A few more weeks and we're done the first trimester. Next month will bring an end to this portion of the journey... and I can't say I'll miss it much. I'm ready to move on to the exciting, less nausea's parts of pregnancy. I LOVE the second trimester. It comes with such amazing joys and I'm excited to get to experience them with the baby's parents.

I got a little bit worried this weekend. I had some cramping on Friday night. We were driving and I'm not sure if it was the bumping from the road or from puking the night away, but it felt awful. It felt like the pain was in my hips, very very low and a burning that would start in my back and kind of spread into my lower abdomen. It felt like when I was in labour with my youngest daughter (only not as intense). I could feel a very distinct start and stop pattern and it was really starting to scare me. We ripped home (1 1/2hr drive), I laid down on the couch and shortly after the cramping stopped. The next day I woke up and I felt wonderful. I still had the pregnancy bloating, but not an ounce of nausea. This also kind of scared me b/c I had gone from 3 nights of loosing my supper to all of a sudden feeling perfect. It wasn't a welcome feeling. No spotting or blood of any kind so that was a good sign. The next day I woke up again feeling really good. I tried to take it easy, relax and rest, but it was nagging in my mind all day that I felt "too" good. If I still felt this awesome by the next day I would go in and request an ultrasound. I knew that if it was a miscarriage there was nothing they could do, but the not knowing was killing me. Thankfully I woke up the next morning feeling like crap!!! It was the BEST feeling in the world!!! :D It's been a couple of days and defiantly feeling pregnant. I have the first prenatal apt. on Wednesday so I will tell him about the experience, but I feel confident that everything is fine. It's probably a bit too early to hear the heartbeat with a doppler, but just hearing what he has to say will alleviate my worries. He's a VERY careful dr.

I think that the cramping and the lessening of nausea could have come from the placenta starting to work. The fertility clinic says it takes control of the production of hormones and feeding the baby somewhere around 9-10 weeks. That would fit the timeline of where we are in this pregnancy. Also I have read that cramping around this time of pregnancy is normal and ok as long as it's not accompanied by bleeding (plus it went away and hasn't come back). Of course I'm not a dr. so this is just what I'm thinking... maybe they will know more when I go in on Wednesday. Either way I feel very good that everything is going fine. I have "just" enough symptoms.

The reason I included this in the blog is not to scare everyone, but just to share the ups and downs of pregnancy. The worries and the fears. I felt a lot of comfort when listening to other women's experiences and seeing that things were ok. I had never had any sort of cramping in a pregnancy before, but this is the third one so I know it will bring different surprises and challenges. This is all part of the experience.

It just dawned on me that winter is over halfway over!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, glad to hear your symptomes all came back....blah. Everyone hates puking, except when your pregnant and need some sign that everything is good. :)

    ReplyDelete