Wednesday, May 12, 2010

24 weeks!

I can't believe we are 24 weeks!!! We only have 16 weeks left!!! How time fly's. Not so sure if it's flying for the baby's parents, but it is for me. I have been feeling great lately. Honestly half the time I forget I'm pregnant and then I'll feel it move or try to hug my husband and oh yeah... right there's a baby in there hahaha. That's a good thing though. Still comfortable and really enjoying it. I can't wait for the IP's to get here. They will be coming camping with us (and my family) if it's warm enough on May long. I think it will be so much fun and I"m really looking forward to it. I hope the baby gives some good kicks for them to feel while they are here. I still have to be laying down to feel the kicks with my hand. Baby is still really low and I'm still carrying closer to my back... hopefully that will change by the time they get here otherwise we may have to catch it when I'm laying on the couch.

One of my good friends just had a baby. It was a girl and she's so precious!! I did notice that there was a definite difference in my feelings from most of my other friends. We are all in the "childbearing" years and most of us have young families and are hoping to have more so it was no surprise when most of the women commented on "wanting another one" when holding that little sweetie. I on the other hand really didn't get that feeling. She's sooo precious, but I can honestly say I SOOOO don't want one. When they aren't mine it's just not the same and this one in my tummy doesn't feel like mine even a little bit. Again I think it's just a healthy confirmation that things are as they should be. Since this is my first surrogacy I guess I really didn't know if my heart strings would be tugging at all (not that I would have given into those feelings). Actually the feelings that surprise me are the ones where I think about meeting this baby 2 or 3 years from now. It actually brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. This will be a special little person to me and my family and Ali and Ben (the parents) will always be in our thoughts and prayers. I will feel connected to them in ways I can't describe and happier than I ever imagined to see them become parents.



1 comment:

  1. Brandi! You are starting to look so pregnant! You look great and you are so amazing!

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete